about

Living - Surviving for Love


Why do we live? Why would anyone ever sign up for this crazy thing called life? Why would we struggle to make money, so we can spend it on things for our life that might just end at any moment? What reason do we have to want to get through the pain we go through and not just take the fast way out? Why do we choose life?

These are questions that have been haunting me for many years and that I couldn't find an answer to, leaving me in desperate need for reason and hope, but I just realized something that has drastically changed how I see it. I realized that I ask about the meaning of things at all times, except when I do something for someone else, then time seems like something unimportant. We don't live for ourselves or for surviving, nor do we live for success and productivity, we live for the people we love.


Fuck Happiness! It is all about love (Medium)


"Nothing in the nature lives for itself. Rivers don’t drink their own water. Trees don’t eat their own fruit. Sun doesn’t give heat for itself. Flowers don’t spread fragrance for themselves" - Living for Others is the Rule of Nature

I have been feeling a lot more full of life lately, and I think it has to do with the fact I have decided to dedicate my heart and soul to loving this world and the people within it. After my long search for purpose and meaning in my teen years, I have concluded that life doesn't really have a point to it, we're born one day and we die another, it's simple and straight forward. But still we wake up every morning and ask ourselves, what should I do with my life? When I was depressed, that was the scariest question!

I didn't know what I wanted to do with this life, I didn't even know what being human really meant, and I absolutely couldn't wrap my mind around that I have a role or play any real part in it all. People seemed to be going somewhere, they found meaning, but however I looked at it I couldn't understand why living was a better option than dying, and when alive, why not just lay here, why do we care about getting things done?

"We rise by lifting others" - Robert Ingersoll

I decided to myself that life is nothing special, just a moment in time, that I (whatever "I" am) is part of. It doesn't matter how much money or success I have, where I am, when I am or what I do, life is just gonna be life and I'll be tumbling around inside it, but at least not alone. That's what has gotten me inspired. I know how painful things can be, and anything I do that might ease that pain in someone else's heart would be something worth existing for. 

Because when I was in pain, a smile or a hug would have been a miracle, but I could smile and hug myself all I want, it wouldn't make a difference. Because we can't make our own miracles, we can't make our own joy, only one heart touching another can do such a thing.

You didn't choose to be here, be alive, be human, and I feel great sympathy for the pain and struggling it has and will bring you, I have many times wanted out because of it, and that is why I care. Because every person is holding something dearly, that hope that someone will live with less pain than themselves, less struggles, more smiles, that even with all our pain the world will have light in someone.


What makes life meaningful to me is that even though all of this (life) makes no sense and even though the world is messed up, we know love so well that we don't even stop to ask questions, we just keep going, for them ...






About Whimcicle

Powered by Blogger.